The part-time Social Media Intern plays a vital role on our team. Primary responsibilities include management and contribution to all social media accounts, coordination with civic education groups to connect trending conversations to editorial strategies, and monitoring of social media analytics. Ideal candidates will have strong followings on social media, relationships with publications, and/or prior expertise with one or multiple social networks.
1. Posting to Social Media
• Write engaging and informative posts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Reddit, StumbleUpon and other platforms to maximize traffic to website and connect relevant audiences to published work
• Use a dedicated program to schedule posts and engage with relevant audiences
• Communicate in order to respond to needs and expectations in a timely and efficient manner
• Manage time effectively in order to ensure social media posts are written and posted at appropriate times
• Flexible to write, edit, and publish social media posts at a moment’s notice
• Attend events on an as needed basis
2. Social Media Management and Competitive Analysis
• Compile and analyze spreadsheets of information regarding social media usage and interactions
• Learn and utilize skills such as Google Adwords
• Perform SEO assessments and keyword research
• Create reports detailing social media advice based on practices of client and competitors
• Understand the differences in usage and strategy between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest accounts
• Knowledge of Google Apps
• Proficiency in social media marketing, with related experience and/or strong followings and relationships on social channels
• Great writing skills
• Creative, organized, and intensely committed
• Comfortable with a startup environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting instructions and schedules
• Experience working with a non-profit organization
Position is part-time with an expectation of 10-15 hours/week. The position will tentatively start mid-November 2015.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Internship in the subject line. Resumes should be submitted no later than October 31, 2015.
The Illinois Center for Civic Education is an equal opportunity employer.